Monday, October 26, 2009

Clarifications

I have been getting questions and suggestions that I need to clarify certain things over and over again, even though I feel like I have already made these clarifications in earlier blog posts. However, I guess I haven't made myself clear enough! :)

1. I am apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (although I have been excommunicated, so I guess technically I am not anymore...). This is the mainstream church, a church that currently prohibits polygamy among its members. If anyone in the church is found to have more than one spouse, they are excommunicated. It simply is not tolerated. (I was not excommunicated for anything to do with polygamy, it was because of an issue entirely separate from when I left the church last summer.)

2. The only reason that any of us believe in polygamy is because we believe that the church will one day bring it back. So, it will be widely practiced by members of the church, without condemnation from our church leaders.

3. At this point in time, Andrew is not practicing polygamy. And all I mean by that is that he is only married to his wife, and he is only having sexual relations with his wife. Yes, Andrew and I have a personal relationship that involves nothing more than kissing and I know you would argue that this is adultery and therefore is polygamy, or just plain wrong. And I wouldn't blame you for thinking this because I thought that for the longest time when I found out about Natalie's personal relationship with Andrew. It sickened me and I considered over and over and over again going straight to Rebecca and telling her what her husband was doing behind her back. But every single time I prayed about it, I just couldn't do it. Natalie told me that she felt horrible at first too, but when she prayed about it, she just felt like it was right. She would tell God over and over again, "I don't want this. I want to serve You more than anything else in the world, so tell me right now, if I need to stop all of this with Andrew and never see Him again, I will. Your will be done." And each time, she felt like God said, "You know what is right. I desire that you develop a relationship with Andrew." I struggled with this for months, and that was mostly because I was not ready to receive this knowledge. It almost destroyed me. But, God is good, and He pulled me out of quicksand I was sinking into, and I eventually came to accept this knowledge. I know that I will have a lot of readers who cannot accept this knowledge, and will spit upon it. And that's why I'm anonymous. I would still love to hear your input though, even if you disagree.

4. None of us disagrees with the church. All three of them (I'm still working on this one) believe that this is Christ's church and the only true church on the earth. None of us believe we are going against the will of God. We believe, fully, that if the prophet knew what we were doing (which by the way, I believe he does), he would approve of it.

Any more questions? :)

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 at 6:21 PM , Blogger CM said...

Thanks for the clarification - again. It has been a long time since I read the first part of your blog and I should have read it again to refresh my memory before commenting. Sorry - you did make yourself clear in the beginning, I apoligize for my lapse of memory! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home